We, the members of FNQ Angels, in recognition of the importance of our investment activity and mentoring in affecting the livelihoods of others, and in accepting a personal obligation to our peers and the communities in which we act, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree that every member of our community is expected to comply with this Code of Conduct.
A member shall, in respect of any angel investment, correlated activity in which the member is an actual or prospective investor, mentor or advisor, comply with the following standards of conduct;
- Members shall act with honour, integrity, dignity, diligence and in good faith in order to merit the trust of their peers and of the community.
- Members shall act with honesty, equity and without discrimination towards all individuals in the community.
- Members have an obligation to be ethical in judgement and actions.
- Members shall not take improper advantage of their position as an actual or prospective investor, mentor or advisor.
- Members shall not make improper use of information acquired as an actual or prospective investor, mentor or advisor.
- Members shall, where relevant, take responsible steps to inform themselves, their peers, their portfolio companies and their advisors, of the social, environmental, economic and other possible consequence which may arise from their actions.
- Members shall promptly and properly manage any conflict of interest which may arise.
- Confidential information received by members in the course of considering, making or advising on angel investment opportunity remain the property of the person or company from which it was obtained and it is improper for the member to disclose, or allow to be disclosed that confidential information, unless that disclosure has been authorised by that company or person form whom the information is provided, or is required by law.
- Members must not manufacture any product or use any process based on any confidential information to which the member has had access.
- Members shall not engage in conduct likely to bring discredit upon their angel investors, their peers or FNQ Angels.
- Members have an obligation, at all times, to comply with the spirit, as well as the letter, of the law and with the principles of this Code. Members shall not assist in or induce a breach of this Code and shall support those who seek to uphold the Code if called upon, or in a position to do so.
- Members must comply with the directions of any officer of FNQ Angels during meetings or other events,
- Members acknowledged that an offer of FNQ Angels may direct any member or guest engaging in unacceptable behaviour to leave any meetings or other event.
- Members must ensure that their guests (if any) at any meeting or other event also comply with this Code.